REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SALARY: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide support to the Executive Director by managing operations, finances, information technology, personnel records, health records and facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make financial decisions in consultation with Executive Director.
- Manage finances for the Center, including accounts payable and receivable. Prepare monthly financial reports and coordinate with bookkeeping and auditing consultants.
- Provide financial reports to Executive Director and Board officers for monthly Board of Directors meetings.
- Administer Center insurance plans including Workers’ Compensation, Business, Directors’ and Officers’, and Group Accident policies.
- Manage payroll, administer benefit programs, and provide information to employees regarding benefit policies and procedures.
- Assist with fundraising activities as needed.
- Make sound decisions in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Maintain family and personnel records as needed in accordance with Center, state and federal regulations.
- Work with Executive Director and Assistant Director to update and distribute staff directory and employee handbook.
- Update, compile, and distribute the annual parent information package, including the parent handbook.
- Update Center website and provide basic website maintenance.
- Manage Center’s information technology and management systems, including databases, PCs, iPads, cameras, etc.
- Assist with Center events, such as special events, enrichment programs, parent meetings, and staff in-service training programs in consultation with Executive Director/Assistant Director.
- Assist the Executive Director and Assistant Director with creating and distributing information to prospective parents and conducting tours as needed.
- Assist the Executive Director and Assistant Director with providing regular communication to parents and staff regarding policies and procedures, Center events, health issues, etc, as needed.
- Open and close center as needed.
Facility and Supply Management
- Manage Center/playground maintenance, repairs and improvements; coordinate facility issues with building management.
- Negotiate office services, contracts and equipment leases, including telephones and computer equipment and software.
- Maintain inventory of materials and supplies, including food supplies and weekly food purchases.
- Assist with the annual license renewal process for the District of Columbia’s Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE).
- Assist in conducting monthly fire and emergency drills.
- Order supplies, equipment and curriculum materials as needed.
Additional duties as assigned.
BA/BS in business, finance or related field. Minimum of five years of administration and financial experience is required. Two years of experience in a day care/non-profit setting is preferred. Must be proficient in QuickBooks, Word, Excel, and Outlook.