Broadcasters’ Child Development Center is seeking a warm and experienced Lead Teacher for our young Preschool classroom of 15 children ages 2 ½ – 3 ½ years old. We utilize a team teaching approach in our play-based program serving children from 3 months to 5 years old.
- Candidates must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Lead Teacher in an Early Childhood Program is required.
- Knowledge of The Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies GOLD is desired.
- Salary range is $18-$22 per hour based on education and experience.
- We offer a full benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan and paid leave for holidays, vacation time and sick time.
We are conveniently located in Northwest DC near the Van Ness/UDC Metro station. The position is full-time and the hours are from 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Monday –Friday. The position is available immediately, but there is flexibility on a start date for the right candidate. Resumés will be screened and only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Founded in 1980, Broadcasters’ Child Development Center (BCDC) provides child-centered care, which respects each child as an individual, in a safe and healthy environment. As dedicated professionals trained in early childhood education, we pride ourselves in meeting each and every one of our child’s needs. Our center has built its reputation by providing an environment that stimulates the emotional, social, intellectual and physical growth of children in a setting that is nurturing and appropriate for their development. One of our outstanding features is that the diversity of our staff and the community we serve. Under our professional code of ethics and conduct, we pledge a supportive and loving environment in partnership with our children’s families.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
To apply, please send your resume to our Executive Director, Kim Mohler – firstname.lastname@example.org.